By Amy Perry, Fort Lee Public Affairs
FORT LEE, Va. – The Sisisky Boulevard Gate will again become the main access point here Jan. 19, now that construction of a new drive-thru Visitor Control Center there is complete.
The Sisisky Boulevard Gate will be open 24 hours, and the Lee Avenue Gate will be open 5 a.m. – 8 p.m. weekdays, and closed on weekends and federal holidays.
This change also impacts VCC hours of operation. The Lee Avenue VCC will be open 5 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday – Friday. The Sisisky Boulevard VCC will be open 8-11 p.m. Monday – Friday and 6 a.m. – 11 p.m. on weekends and federal holidays.
Additionally, the Temple Avenue Gate, open only on weekdays, will now close at 1 p.m. and reopen from 4-6 p.m. for outbound traffic only.
“The hours are changing again because the VCC construction project that began in January 2015 is complete and the Sisisky Boulevard Gate is returning to main gate status,” said Capt. Brian A. Bishop, Provost Marshal Office operations officer.
The full gate schedule as of Jan. 19 will be:
- Sisisky Boulevard: Always open
- Mahone Avenue: 5 a.m. – 11 p.m., Monday – Friday; 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. weekends and federal holidays
- A Avenue: 5 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday – Friday; closed weekends and federal holidays
- Shop Road (commercial vehicle entrance): 6 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday – Friday; closed weekends and federal holidays
- Lee Avenue: 5 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday – Friday; closed weekends and federal holidays
- Jackson Circle: Always open to staff, residents and authorized guests
- Temple Avenue: 4:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. (inbound and outbound) and 4-6 p.m. (outbound only) Monday – Friday; closed weekends and federal holidays
More information regarding access to Fort Lee is available online at www.lee.army.mil/access.